Examples Matching and Converting: SWOT Analysis Worksheet
Strength – Opportunity Match
- #1 under Strengths – some Team members have experience working with each other across agencies
- #1 under Opportunities – public transit asking for public input
- Team can use an internal Strength to take advantage of an external Opportunity
- The Team Matched these two factors to create a powerful new idea. The team members who already have worked together plan to prepare input from the perspective of multiple agencies serving youth with disabilities for consideration in the plans for improved public transit
Strength – Threat Match
- #2 under Strengths – one agency on the Team has a grant writer on staff
- #1 under Threats – County Government grant for new business development was not funded
- Team can use an internal Strength to address an external Threat
- The Team Matched these two factors to create a powerful new idea. The Grant Writer will contact County Government to offer assistance with preparing the grant for the next round of funding.
Opportunity – Weakness Conversion
- #2 under Weaknesses – no area Providers are trained in customized employment
- #3 under Opportunity – a new big box store is set to open in the spring
- Team can use an external Opportunity to address an internal Weakness
- The Team paired these two factors to create a powerful new idea. The Team can pool resources to send Provider staff to a Customized Employment training. The Provider staff can use new skills in working with big box store in developing customized employment positions for some youth.
- #3 under Weaknesses – OLTS (Ohio Longitudinal Transition Study) data shows that area graduates with disabilities have low employment and post-secondary education attendance rates.
- # 2 under Threats – bus schedules are not amenable for the work hours available at many area businesses
- Team can use an external Threat to address an internal Weakness.
- The Team paired these two factors to create a powerful new idea. Team members planning input into improvements to the public transit system can put together a ‘resource map’ of shift times of area employers and bus stop schedules to examine disconnects. The resource map provides data for public transit system input and potentially increases access to employment for youth.
Download the Matching and Converting SWOT Analysis Worksheet PDF
Download the Detailed Instructions for Matching and Converting Discussions PDF