Supported Employment Web Course
Orientation to Supported Employment Web Course
Available for free to the public.
CEU Credits: 12
This Web-based training is an introduction to the competencies for effective supported employment. Please follow this link to register:
You will need to create an account, then return to the form, login, and you will be taken directly to Ohio’s course.
Seven lessons will cover the following topics:
- Values, Definitions, History
- Legislation, Funding, Ohio’s Employment First
- Roles and Rights
- Supported Employment Process and Benefits
- Career Planning, Discovery, Vocational Profile
- Marketing and Job Development
- Job Design and Training, Natural Supports
This course should take between 12-20 hours to complete over a three-week period. It may take less time for experienced staff. There is a one-hour timed post-test to measure core competencies (75% or higher). DODD will offer 12 CEUs for Adult Services Staff, SSAs, Superintendents and Board Members.
Web course re-take policy:
- If a trainee does not receive a passing score of 75% or higher on the post-test, they will have an opportunity to review the course immediately and then re-take the test after reviewing the course content during their initial course access period.
- If the trainee fails the test a second time, they must wait until their course has expired (three weeks from initial registration) in order to re-take the course and test.
- Following a second failed attempt to achieve a passing score (4 tests total), the option of completing an in-person written test will be made available. This test will be scheduled with the Employment First Program Manager. The Employment First Program Manager will schedule computer access to the course four weeks prior to the scheduled test date. The trainee will be required to submit the completed “STUDY GUIDE - Ohio’s Orientation to Supported Employment” prior to taking the in-person written test.
- Finally, upon failing to receive a passing score of 75% on the in-person written test, a personal conversation with the Employment First Program Manager and the trainee will take place to consider possible additional accommodations.
- Should you have questions regarding being locked out or needing to retake the test, please send emails to email@example.com
CEUs: DODD is offering CEUs for successful completion of the “Orientation to Supported Employment” web course. After passing the post-test, a certificate will be e-mailed to you. You will then need to send your certificate to EmploymentFirst@dodd.ohio.gov to request CEUs. Please indicate if the CEUs will be for Adult Services, SSA, Superintendent or Board Member.
To become an Employment First Partnership Provider, click here for more details.