General Guidelines for Vision Statements
Vision statements are as unique as the community, product or enterprise they are written for, but there are a few general guidelines that may be helpful. See General Guidelines for Vision Statements for more information
Does the Vision:
- Use positive, present-tense language?
- Epitomize the values and beliefs necessary to support all youth on the Path to Employment?
- Celebrate the inclusiveness of the region’s diverse population?
- Create a word picture of the preferred future
- Depict the highest standards of excellence and achievement?
- Represent a shared understanding by all Team members?
- Focus on people and quality of life?
- Embrace higher expectations for adult outcomes for youth with disabilities
Some Visions from Businesses
Review these Visions, regarded as effective, developed by some well-known businesses. How do their vision statements compare with the Vision Statement Guidelines?
Create experiences that combine the magic of software with the power of internet services across a world of devices.
Our vision is to be earth's most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Proctor & Gamble
Be, and be recognized as, the best customer products and services company in the world.